“I was born for this,” said Jag Rattu, owner of Audio House at 645 Soscol Ave.
“I love music and putting together pieces that fit together perfectly for the sound my customers are looking for,” he said. “I got my first job at a stereo shop trying to score a system at cost … I never left or looked back.”
Audio House installs car audio, mobile video, car, alarms, window tinting, backup cameras, tracking systems and other items.
1. What’s your favorite thing about your work?
I love people’s stories. Ever since I was a kid, that always interested me. I love talking to people, I like cars, I like music — all three things combined — that’s my work.
2. What’s your favorite kind of music?
Everything. Classic rock and old rap. Guns N’ Roses and Tupac.
3. What is the biggest challenge your business has faced?
Moving. (After losing his lease at his old location on Soscol) I bought the old Hy-Fy Muffler building at 645 Soscol Ave.
4. If you could change one thing about your business, what would it be?
We have been growing like crazy and would love to add to our team. So what would we change? More employees!
5. What’s something people might be surprised to know about you?
I have a huge passion for professional wrestling (WWE).
6. Who is your favorite wrestler?
Back in the day, Macho Man Randy Savage. Now, probably a guy named Randy Orton.
7. What job would you like to try/not try?
Try: Promoter for sports entertainment (WWE).
Not try: Accountant.
8. What is one thing you hope to accomplish in your lifetime that you haven’t yet?
I want to be the best version of me. The best husband, best father, best son, best businessperson and best friend.
9. What’s on your to-do list?
Visit every baseball stadium with my wife.
10. What is your favorite team?
San Francisco Giants. I have season tickets so I go a lot.